Avoid Treadmill Boredom
No doubt the treadmill is an ideal choice for home fitness equipment for many people. But it can be boring working out on a treadmill because it is mainly a walking and running exercise routine. Boredom is the number one enthusiasm and motivation killer when it comes to exercising.
However, there are some ways to bring the fun back into a treadmill workout.
1. You can try something new. Change your routine and challenge yourself with other workouts. The same routine everyday makes you lose interest and motivation. Trying something excites you and motivates you to try harder to achieve results and beat treadmill boredom.
2. Do as much as your body can take. But don’t push it too hard, as you will lose interest in exercising and your chances of getting an injury might be high.
3. Inspire yourself and track your progress. If your goal is to burn a set amount of calories (e.g. 300 calories), then you should sustain a healthy diet and exercise regularly to achieve that goal.
4. Set goals that relate to those benefits that are most important to you (e.g. loosing weight, being fit, fitting into that dress, etc.) Make your goals challenging but realistic; for example, if it takes you 18 minutes to walk a treadmill for a mile, aim higher to walk a mile in 15 minutes, or even in 11 minutes.
5. It’s a good idea to add variety of different workouts to your treadmill exercise, such as. interval training, cross training, walking on toes and heels, and incline intervals.
6. You can listen to the radio or music.
7. Watching television is a perfect method of adding entertainment to your workout area. Any television will work, but of course a larger set will make it easier to see while running.
A VCR or DVD player will increase your entertainment options. Make sure your television is located in a stable position. If you have the ability to connect external speakers to your television, you may want to consider doing so. Even with the quietest treadmills, it is sometimes hard to hear the small television speakers when you are running. Try to mount the speakers above and just in front of the treadmill. This position will give you the best acoustical advantage.
8. Treat yourself with little things (e.g., a new workout outfit or shoes). It’s good to note that getting new clothes or shoes can add a new level of excitement and challenge, and it can show you the level of accomplishment you’ve achieved so far. Maybe you dropped two dress sizes, which can bring motivation and excitement back to your workout routine.
9. Sometimes it’s a good idea to take a break. It won’t hurt to take time off or cut back a little. For instance, you may do a 30 minute routine instead of 60 minutes. You can exercise 2 to 3 days a week, rather than every day.
10. Run next to a friend so you can chat and push each other to keep going.
|Treadmill Workouts for Beginners|
Treadmill workouts for beginners are a best way to start taking care of your health and being fit, because you have complete control over inclination, speed and longevity of the exercise.
|Treadmill Workouts to Lose Weight|
To change the inclination of the treadmill is a very effective way to make treadmill workouts more purposeful and strenuous. Those who only beginning using the treadmill should start with three and a half mph, intermediate runners should pick four mph), while the advanced treadmill users can go as high as five mph.
|Athlon Treadmills Best Models|
Athlon treadmills come with excellent packaging as this seems to be what the company is focusing on at the moment in order to sell more units. Athlon treadmills offer a big variety of sporting programs which are incorporated within the Athlon treadmill.
|Treadmill Incline – How to Calculate|
Many treadmills come with multiple incline settings, but these can be confusing and unclear. Treadmill incline is a measure of the slope of the treadmill and is typically expressed as a percentage. There’s one extremely simple thing you can do to dramatically intensify your workout: incline it.
|Top Twitter Accounts for Fitness Fans|
@LAFitness – The official home of LA Fitness on Twitter. Follow for health and fitness tips, nutrition notes, and news on the benefits of active lifestyles. @active – Endurance, Fitness & Nutrition Articles, Training Resources, Event Info, Support and Special Offers. @womenfitness – A Complete Online Guide to Achieve Healthy Weight Loss and Optimum Fitness. @lancearmstrong